2016 Race Results
Thank you for participating and see you in 2017!
On August 27, 2016, the Active 20-30 Club of Greater Sacramento #1032 is holding their Inaugural Sactown Urban Dash on the West Steps of the California's State Capitol. This scavenger race is similar to a two hour Amazing Race through oldtown, downtown, and midtown Sacramento. Teams of two will solve clues on foot that will lead them to different challenges. Challenges may range from taking a team picture at a location, solving a specific answer to a question, and completing a mental or physical task as you navigate your way through the history of Sacramento with family and friends!
The challenges are designed to be fun for all ages and ability levels. Participants can choose their speed--whether that's a mad dash from clue to clue, or a more leisurely pace.
Children six (6) and up are welcome to be a part of the team. Children five (5) and under may race free of charge, but must be accompanied by two other team members. All kids need a waiver and release form filled out by their parent/guardian.
Registration includes race bibs, race clues, challenges, souvenir photo, post-race lunch and refreshments, raffle entry, music, and more!
The course is designed for the fastest team to finish between 45 minutes and an hour. The average finish time will be around 90 minutes. For those with a more leisurely pace, the race will continue to take finish times for approximately 2 hours after the start time. Teams that are still on the course after 2 hours must return to the start line where they can enjoy their post-race lunch and spend some time with fellow participants.The distance of the race depends on the route taken by each team.
The clock begins once the air horn is blown and times are recorded as teams cross the finish line.
Teams must check-in with the event organizers at the West Steps of the Capitol between 9:00 and 9:45am to receive their race bib. At check in, participants will need to show Photo ID, and fill out their liability waiver and release form. Minors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult and have a waiver signed by their legal guardian/parent.
All registration sales are final and non-refundable for any reason, but are easily transferable prior to the race day. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request any changes to your registration. We will need the original participants name(s), new participants name(s), and their email address.
$50.00 for a team of two Early Bird from 5/24-6/24
$60.00 for a team of two 6/25-8/26
$70.00 for a team of two Day Off (8/27)
Rules of the Race:
- Each team must be comprised of two members.
- Each participant must wear their race bib.
- Use of a smart phone is highly encouraged. The perfect tool for this race is a phone with a built-in camera, internet, and gps. At the end of the race you must be able to show you took the required photos to complete your photo challenges. Any digital camera where you can show your pictures will do.
- Teams may walk or run to get to each clue destination. No other form of travel is allowed (no cars, taxis, Ubers, Lyfts, bikes, skateboards, hover boards, or roller blades).
- Running is not permitted on State Capitol grounds or buildings. Therefore, there will be NO clues or challenges on the State Capitol grounds or buildings.
- Teams are allowed to solve clues in any order they choose. You make your own course! There is not a set course from clue to clue so everybody's route will be different. Some teams will solve all clues and map out a route before leaving the start line, while others may prefer to solve clues en route.
- Each team will receive one sealed set of 12 race clues, in which 11 of the 12 clues must be solved correctly. Each clue will lead you to a unique challenge that must be completed. The quickest top three teams to return to the finish line after completing at least 11 clues will win a prize.
- Teams must either get their race clues stamped after successfully completing each challenge or, if required, have photographic proof. Both team members must be in seen in each clue photo.
- Both team members must cross the finish line together to record a finish time.
- Teams will submit their clue sheet to be verified by the race organizers. Any penalties incurred by missing or incorrectly solving clues are given to teams at the Finish Line and are added to their official finish time.
- For every challenge less than 11 completed, teams will receive a 30-minute penalty that will be added to their final time.
- Please obey all traffic laws.
- Participants may not interfere with other teams or block their progress.
- All rulings of the Race Official will be final.
- Top three places (1st, 2nd,3rd)
- First place family team (must have a child under 12)
- Best team costume
Each race bib comes with a raffle ticket. We ask that each participate remove their raffle ticket from their bib and place their raffle ticket in the raffle drum that will be located at the registration table. This ticket is included with your registration fee.
During check-in there will be a vendor village where participants can earn more raffle tickets to increase their chances of winning a raffle prize during the prize ceremony. We ask that you place your bib number on the raffle tickets prior to placing them in the raffle drum. You must be present to win.
All proceeds from this event will benefit the Greater Sacramento Chapter of Girls on the Run. We are very excited to get to pair up with this amazing organization. For more information regarding this organization, please check out their website at: www.GOTRSac.org.